NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Single photo of Saturn

rikyuu

hi,

now I've got my telescope collimation sorted and mirror cleaned, I thought I'd post my photo of Saturn here. This is just staight off the camera, taken with an afocal standard digital camera through a 6.4mm lens at ISO800. No stacking or processing of the image. Scope was a 10" Dobs.

PS. the image appears clear and bright on LCD monitors, but very dark on CRTs!

5055_normal.jpeg

(click to enlarge)

Thanks guys, I was quite pleased with it myself and it didn't take too much effort after I had a bit of advice off this great forum. Main thing was collimating the scope properly, which is hopefully ok now. There are so many truly amazing images on here, but they have taken a lot of effort and time, I just wanted to show what can be possible with a basic point-and-shoot digital camera through the scope, even by a beginner. Of course, I won't be content until I've stacked a 1000 frames! Hence construction of an equatorial platform has begun!! :(

The image below is slightly less grainy as it was ISO200, but the C division is not visible, perhaps because the shutter was 1/4sec so it got blurred out, whereas the ISO800 was 1/15sec shutter.

5065_normal.jpeg

(click to enlarge)

Archived