NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

I had been warned... Images with new UHC filter

hjw

When I started, I read a lot of comments about the black money hole, commonly referred to as astrophotography. And yes, I did spend another 200$ on a Baader UHC-S filter. It must have been a good purchase because it took about two weeks for the clouds to clear. Yesterday, I had my first chance to test it and I must say it does make a huge difference. The contrast of the nebulae is way up, but on the downside the color spectrum has shifted to the red and it takes a lot of pulling and pushing to get the color composition back to where it used to be. Anyway, I took images of eta Carina, the running chicken and the area around NGC3590. The amount of detail was unachievable without the filter.

post-39098-0-53239900-1429614732_thumb.j

post-39098-0-69037700-1429615059_thumb.j

post-39098-0-92702300-1429615770_thumb.j

Very nice, I found it pushed my images towards blue rather than red, not by much though. I guess it will depend on the camera and the rest of the optics. I know without it my images are really red due to no IR filter.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thank you all for your kind comments. It's now 8 months since I first pointed my Pentax upwards and it has been an exciting journey. I am happy and proud of my progress so far, which would not have been possible without the help and support of this forum!

Archived