Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

HEQ5 pro Lat\Long bolts

AlistairW

Hello,

Bit of a problem tonight, I had to saw one of my Lat\Long bolts as it was jammed. Got it out so all good. But this was bolt I had bought off ebay, and it really wasn't the right size, it was far too long (probably for an EQ6 or something), - partly the reason I had to saw it off, as it got jammed against the polar scope. Anyway, does anyone have a link to someone selling the Lat/Long bolt (don't need the Alt/Az), that "actually" do fit the HEQ5 pro - I am after the hardened steel ones, not the originals).

Thanks

Alistair

Hi Sandy, - sounds promising ... can I ask though - the bolts I had were so long I could not get the screw on white cap on the polarscope. With these ones are they short enough so that you can do this ?

Thanks

Alistair

Hi Alistair,

Yes it will clear the polar scope cover.

Here is my one... there is around 3/8" clearance with the Polarscope cover fitted.

post-28928-0-20936100-1429532357_thumb.j

It can be a bit fidely, since you need to keep the head moving whilst you screw the thing in... the push button ratchet helps a lot as you don't need to turn the handle all the way round.

Once you get somewhere close to your Latitude then install the other locking bolt.

Keep Happy.

Sandy. :grin:

Archived