Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Eqmod park slew rate

Kropster

Is there a way to alter the slew rate in Eqmod when parking?

I can set the slew rate when moving the slew controls,

but as soon as I hit 'park', the mount rips off at maximum speed creating a real racket.

The only other option would be to slew it manually to near park position then 'park' for the last bit.

Any suggestions gratefully received.

Thanks

There is but it won't just affect parking - it will affect goto slews as well.

In the normal course of events EQMOD just tells the mount where to position itself and the mount controller decides how fast it wants to move to get there. So small slews move at  slow rates and and large slews at fast rates - EQMOD has no control over the rates. However there is an 'advanced' setting that works differently in that rather than executing a slew to an absolute position EQMOD just teles the mount to move at a given rate and then monitors the mount position until it is close to the desired target before issing a final absolute goto (which because the mount is close the motor conotrolller should opt to use a slow speed). The down side of this is that you need to be assured of rock solid communications - unlike the usual park/goto where the mout knows where to stop, this alternative slew behaviour requires EQMOD to effectively stop the fast slew - so if your comms were to fail the the mount would just keep going until it hits something to stop it - so I wouldnt really advise using this sort of thing on an unattended mount.

To change the goto/slew rate you must first check the advanced settings option in the EQMOD setup screen - you should then  see a custom track rate slider appear in the "other settings" section of the expanded EQMOD user interface.

Chris.

Thanks.. I will look for that.

I was poking around on the advanced settings panel and found the slew rate limit controls which worked when I was slewing manually, but the moment I hit park, the settings bounced up to max.

I probably missed the track rate slider.

In the normal course of events EQMOD just tells the mount where to position itself and the mount controller decides how fast it wants to move to get there. So small slews move at  slow rates and and large slews at fast rates - EQMOD has no control over the rates. However there is an 'advanced' setting that works differently in that rather than executing a slew to an absolute position EQMOD just teles the mount to move at a given rate and then monitors the mount position until it is close to the desired target before issing a final absolute goto (which because the mount is close the motor conotrolller should opt to use a slow speed). The down side of this is that you need to be assured of rock solid communications - unlike the usual park/goto where the mout knows where to stop, this alternative slew behaviour requires EQMOD to effectively stop the fast slew - so if your comms were to fail the the mount would just keep going until it hits something to stop it - so I wouldnt really advise using this sort of thing on an unattended mount.

To change the goto/slew rate you must first check the advanced settings option in the EQMOD setup screen - you should then  see a custom track rate slider appear in the "other settings" section of the expanded EQMOD user interface.

Chris.

Chris.

Still not there yet.

I have posted a pic of the panel that I see. Is the track rate control there?

Thanks

post-27396-0-17269200-1429387281.jpg

No... I hadn't done that.

Now it has appeared and I can control the slew speed.

Thanks for the tip.

Only problem now is the mount seems almost as noisy or noisier at slower speeds... just the character of the noise varies!

I might investigate adding some sound proofing to the very thin, resonant plastic boxes that encase the motors and gears.

Archived