NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Stellarium Blues

Im trying to use Stellarium to control my mount - as a goto controller

Im using the "Telescope Control" plug in - which Ive configured to the right com port - I then connect the usb port to the hand controller for my eq5 (middle port) - the EQ5 is then connected to the mount controller.

I then click on start and the telecope status reads as connected.

But - when I click on a star and then ctrl 1 or ctrl 0 and slew nothing happens.

Ive learnt this from youtube - now - no one as mentioned ascom drivers or anything else - the guys on youtube just do as Ive said above - so what am I missing?

Hi,

Have you set your handset to 'PC Direct Mode'?

You need the handset to be in this mode for control by a Planetarium programme.

You can find it under the ' Utility Functions' or 'Utilities' menu.

I hope this helps.

Good luck and clear skies.

Sandy. :grin:

Most people end up using Cartes du Ciel for mount control. It doesn't look as pretty but it works out of the box, no plugins/keyboard shortcuts required.

Oh I hate losing - Ill take a look at Cartes though :)

Hi,

Have you set your handset to 'PC Direct Mode'?

You need the handset to be in this mode for control by a Planetarium programme.

You can find it under the ' Utility Functions' or 'Utilities' menu.

I hope this helps.

Good luck and clear skies.

Hi Sandy - yes I did use the pc direct mode - made no difference

Also - on youtube when the mount is connected to stellarium the mount name shows on stellarium - even though my mount shows as connected on telescope control my mount name does not show on stellarium

You do need Stellarium Scope as well as Stellarium as well as Ascom and EQMod is handy as well, so my present set up goes like this, Install Ascom and EQMod then Cartes de Ciel, configure Ascom for your mount, the configure EQMod for your mount, these 2 programs sit in the back ground you do not need to run them, Start CdC and set it up for your mount, then click the connect to mount button top right hand side....I think that's how mine is set-up, but it does work, i can also run Stellarium but i would need to check out Stellarium  Scope, you also need a meant to connect to the mount, i use EQDir (linked below) if you don't have this you can use the handset i never have so other will say what to do.....

http://www.firstlightoptics.com/astronomy-cables-leads-accessories/hitecastro-eqdir-adapter.html

Hi,

When you selected your telescope in Stellariumscope what did you choose?

I think you need to select 'Celestron Nexstar (compatible)' for the skywatcher scopes.

Alternatively, you can download Ascom (free)

http://www.ascom-standards.org/Downloads/Index.htm

and follow this guide: -

http://www.iceinspace.com.au/63-581-0-0-1-0.html

I don't actually use stellariumscope... I prefer to use EQMOD and CDC... but it will work with stellerium.

Hope this helps.

Archived