Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

mount wont guide in dec

seanpius

Hi all,

need  some help as always,last week i was imaging doing 10 minute subs,left the mount running unattended,when i went back out again the telescope was jammed against the tripod i think it may have been like that for about 10 minutes there was a clicking noise,i had the mount out tonight to do a bit of imaging but when i started guiding with phd it failed to guide in dec it would only calibrate south and east,have i damaged the mount if so can it be easily fixed.

seanpius.

You don't mention which mount you have.  

Check using the hand controller which way it moves.

With the CG5  GT mount you can swap the motors between the two drive boards to check that the motors are operational.

Motors can be swapped out but it depends on what the actual failure is.

The EQ6 tolerates this accident remarkably well. It's happened to me and a friend used to let it collide every night and switch it off in the morning. I think this was a step too far but you should not have done any damage. As above, can you first see that the motors are live with the handset. After that it is possiblty just your guide cable which has a bad contact?

You haven't inadvertently disabled Dec guiding in PHD?

Olly

thank you everyone for helping me with your replys,they were very helpful,the motors are operating as normal with the handset,Olly i think you hit the nail on the head,i checked phd and the graph showed OFF instead of being in AUTO,i hope its that anyway,i must have knocked it to off the last night i was out when i was packing up,once again thank you all for your help.

seanpius.

Archived