Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Get Bast for Wecam/Sharpcap

Last night I had a second go with my modified Lifecam HD. My feeling is that the focus wasn't as sharp as the night before, but that I had much better settings for contrast, exposure and brightness. This is the first  time I have seen the surface detail on Jupiter and imaged the moons simultaneously.

Capture speed was very low even for USB1 - turns out I needed to do a disk cleanup. The HDD was almost full and I got nearly 25% free space (watch out for those archived restore points!) This can't have helped.

I did manage to get around half a dozen frames of the ISS (hand guiding while carrying on two separate converations!)  Two or three frames show it as a double blob.

My big question before I go out to try for Venus  and, later, the GRS - how should I set the 'sharpness' on the webcam in Sharpcap - high or low? And are tehre any other tips on getting the settings right?

Thanks...

Archived