Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

celestron neximage 5

we want to get into astro imaging  we have a nexstar 6se do we go dslr route or go with the above i can see that as with all photography things can nget expensive as i was a semi pro photographer for a few yrs, with that said i dont have the budget to spend on really expensive ccd cameras hence the reason for looking at the above any help would be appreciated 

thanks

I'm assuming youre looking at planetary imaging going by the subject title, so the good news is you can get excellent cameras like the qhy5l or zwo asi 120 for around £200. The neximage is a decent camera too, just the other two seem to be most imagers weapons of choice.

Saying that you can get quite capable results with something like an Xbox camera, webcam or ps3 eye cam for about £5 plus a £10 adapter and 20mins diy. I use a peltier cooled ps3 eye cam and its pretty good on planetary stuff with my 5" mak, all the parts cost less than £40 but IMO its better than the Xbox and Logitech 4000 cameras in both noise and colour reproduction.

Archived