Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

M51.........

Sam

This will be my last unguided M51 I think (I'm going to order the mount upgrade on Wednesday!!!!). This is 18 X 90secs with the 400D. Not sure I can get much more detail out of it. I'm looking forward to getting into autoguiding as that'll push the exposures up a lot. I took 38 shots but DSS only liked 18 of them so here's the result:

4964_normal.jpeg

(click to enlarge)

Like the M3 one I posted before this one was taken with JPGs, forgot to set the camera to RAW - that was rather annoying as I was planning to combine this data with the 21 X 90sec I got the other day.

cheers

Sam

I've added the data from last with some from the other night to 38 X 90 secs exposures. Some detail is now starting to come out - this one is a bit less blue as well:

4967_normal.jpeg

(click to enlarge)

Sam

The added data from last week has brought out a lot more detail. You are going to love guiding - you are also going to hate it when you start as it is not a 'from the box' solution but it is well worth persevering with!

Archived