Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

EYEPIECES ANYONE?

Well yes we have used them all. At first we would refer you to both Zeiss & Clave but they are very rare. For planetary,lunar, and solar observing we enjoy the Brandons which we use on our 6" refractor at the observatory. However what we like the most is the Lumicon 2" diag., Filters from William optics but the best eyepieces to use on a large aperture Celestron/Mead SCT. are the 2" Meade 40mm SWA, Televue 2" 20mm Nagler, and either the Meade 8.8 SWA or the Televue 2" 9mm Nagler. We also enjoy the classic 26mm Plossl from Celestron. For the Bino-viewer we enjoy the views through the classic Tuthill. Hope the information will help one in the selection of fine accessories for their telescope. Remember however the Brandons are the best! Happy skies everyone.

Hello Loron,

I ejoyed looking at the "huge" refractors people had built and set up outside of their homes in the USA. I think by most peoples standards over here in the UK, they are BIG scopes! Most of which are outside the scope of many of us amateurs - both in financial and practical terms. (Although I think there are some individuals who own and regularly use perhaps 10" and 12" reflector type telescopes).

It is quite amazing what one can do if one sets his/her mind to it!

Yes, I heard the news about the death of the great actor "Charlton Heston." I enjoyed many of his films - "Ben Hur," and "The Planet of the Apes" in particular. His biblical epics were good too. He did have the "face" for those kind of films. I've heard he once said that he had "the face that belonged to another century!" Another sad loss.

Thanks for your input to Stargazers Lounge Loron.

REgards,

philsail1

North Wales,

Great Britain.

Yes, I heard the news about the death of the great actor "Charlton Heston." I enjoyed many of his films - "Ben Hur," and "The Planet of the Apes" in particular. His biblical epics were good too. He did have the "face" for those kind of films. I've heard he once said that he had "the face that belonged to another century!" Another sad loss.

Yep, he'll also be remembered for using that face to promote guns. I think Arnie would make a good replacement to head the NRA.

Oh dear. I enjoy target shooting.

No 7.62mms at 600yds through target sites for a while though. Elbow problems following a lightning near miss that killed 4 other people.

Glad to contribute to the thread. Guns do have there place - but not where most of them are.

John

Guns certainly do have their place but what gets me is how The Bill of Rights which came into effect in 1791 and more specifically the 2nd amendment,"the right of people to keep and bear arms",can have the same meaning now as it did back then when guns really were the law,it just seems to be an old act which may have been relevent at the time but surely isn't relevent now.

Anyhow must dash as there is a witch burning at the town square at 9 pm. :violent3: :(

I'm gradually building up a varied collection of 1.25mm eyepieces, and one 2" monster!

I have three different scopes, and have found that some eyepieces suit a particular scope, and yet perform abysmally on another scope. i.e. The two "Kelner" eyepieces which came with my 90mm Mak, do work well with this scope, yet are not so good on my 8" Newtonian, or the TAL100RS.

It would be interesting if we could make up a chart illustrating which eyepieces work the best with a particular scope, and conversly which ones that definately do not produce decent views though a particular scope. Might save people wasting money on the wrong eyepieces.

Regards,

philsail1

It would be interesting if we could make up a chart illustrating which eyepieces work the best with a particular scope, and conversly which ones that definately do not produce decent views though a particular scope. Might save people wasting money on the wrong eyepieces.

What a great idea!!

Andrew

What a great idea!!

Andrew

Seconded !!

Sounds like a ideal thread for a the primer/tutorial section maybe??

Bill£ :(

Archived