Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

SPC900 settings - am I in the right ballpark?

Bg,

I see you had the gain set at 100%. I have a SPC900 and for Saturn the gain seems ok at about 10-20% - but then your avi doesn't look like the gain is 100% so that's a bit confusing. I normally have the gamma a lot lower as well.

Do you have the 1.25" adapter for the webcam so you can put it in the telescope like an eyepiece? - rather than doing the eyepiece projection - which might make the picture a bit dimmer (? don't really know that though as I've never tried it with eyepiece projection for Saturn).

sorry, more questions than answers.

Sam

Hi Bj

That’s a good Avi, but a bit too dim try getting the brightness up but make sure the centre of the planets disc is not too bright, burnt out, have a look here for an example, http://stargazerslounge.com/index.php/topic,25103.0.html

Scroll down to the 3 images I posted, the more images you stack the better, try and keep each Avi below 1Gb then you can select several Avi’s in registax to stack by holding the Ctrl key down up to 10000 frames.

And as Sam said try the gamma about ¼ the way up.

Trev.

Hi

I have been using Qcfocus and wcctrl but cant seem to get a decent enough avi, even having messed with the settings a ton.

Hopefully the night will be clear and I shall try again tonight :(

Archived