NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Help with my scope

Does anyone know how to lock a celestron astromaster 130eq md when I've found a target, I've just borrowed one off a friend to see how it works but I really can't get on with it, 99% of the time I can't find anything at all?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi Steve, not sure what you are doing, but start with the lowest power eyepiece, seems to be the 15mm, but not ideal.  The 20mm ep is an 'erecting' ep, and more suited to daytime use, not astronomical, but you could try it.  Really a 25mm or 32mm would be best.  It's alway difficult observing your first object, when it's about try the Moon first and then any other bright object such as Jupiter.  It takes a short while to get used to using the focuser as well as adjusting your eyes to a whole new environment.  The other thing is about looking at photos is that your eye will not pick up the colour, what you see in these pics is not what you see through a telescope.  Viewing takes a bit of practice and patience, a really dark sky always helps.

Archived