First shot suggestions

scottphillips

Hey just got my Canon 450d along with t-ring and adapter and a remote release shutter

I have a skymax 127 eq-5 SynScan and am wondering what is best to try imaging first to get the grips of it, I was thinking jupiter and also maybe pleadies first then on to globular clusters and then nebulas and galaxies,

What settings would be useful to try on jupiter first and also how many images should I take so that after stacking and processing it will produce a reasonable image

Hi, Scott, I am no expert but I would start by imaging the moon. It's big, it's bright (your scope at F11 isn't the fastest) and will enable you to get to grips with focusing, camera settings etc. before trying more difficult subjects. Personally i think you may struggle with fainter subjects without guiding, but the more experienced on here will be able to answer that better than I.

Hey just got my Canon 450d along with t-ring and adapter and a remote release shutter

I have a skymax 127 eq-5 SynScan and am wondering what is best to try imaging first to get the grips of it, I was thinking jupiter and also maybe pleadies first then on to globular clusters and then nebulas and galaxies,

What settings would be useful to try on jupiter first and also how many images should I take so that after stacking and processing it will produce a reasonable image

Jupiter is more web-cam , pleadies is nice have camera on histgram and look for about 1/3 from the left LRGB on each sub,  so try ISO 800 OR 1600, Time 15 or 20secs you may get 30secs on a good set up, have camera set to RAW.

Archived