Flame to Sword update (130pds)

Uranium235

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That is truly a great image.  And your images are the inspiration behind me getting my 130p-ds.  To see that images like these are achievable with that scope is truly amazing.  That's got to put it up there as one of the best "bang per buck" scopes for imaging.  Of course, I'm quite sure the camera worth around x6 as much as the scope has a lot to do with it, as well as the qualities of the person behind the imaging rig / processing too.

"Star-meister" Rob -  again some of the best handling of stars I've seen, and the nebulosity is non too shabby either! It's a lovely image, smooth and refined, great piece of work Rob.

Martin

Lol....starmeister :)  Cheers Martin, its just a shame I didnt get a start on it sooner. Next time round I'll be starting it in October/November (rather than at the end of Dec like I did just).

That is truly a great image.  And your images are the inspiration behind me getting my 130p-ds.  To see that images like these are achievable with that scope is truly amazing.  That's got to put it up there as one of the best "bang per buck" scopes for imaging.  Of course, I'm quite sure the camera worth around x6 as much as the scope has a lot to do with it, as well as the qualities of the person behind the imaging rig / processing too.

Youre not wrong in that its bang for buck, even though I had to modify mine - it still works out cheaper (and faster) than an 80mm APO. But thats not to say an 80mm doesnt have its own merits and uses (which is why I still have my 80ED).

Possibly not the place to discuss this, so feel free to PM me if you'd rather, but what mods have you done to your 130p-ds then?  While I am a LONG way off producing images such as these, it would be interesting to note where the weak points of my 'scope are.

Stunning[emoji106]

Darren

------------------------------------------------

Twitter: @SalAstroSoc @Astronut1639 www.salfordastro.org.uk

Nexstar 8 GPS ADM MDS Rings & Counter Weights, Skywatcher ST80 & Synguider, Canon EOS 1000d,

Dew Heaters & 4 Channel Controller, Orbit Wedge, Observatory and not enough clear nights

Possibly not the place to discuss this, so feel free to PM me if you'd rather, but what mods have you done to your 130p-ds then?  While I am a LONG way off producing images such as these, it would be interesting to note where the weak points of my 'scope are.

As well as blackening the internals (plus the drawtube), a fair bit of work went into coverting the focuser so its an all-threaded connection, houses the coma corrector internally, and has a tilt function (but no need to use the tilt at the mo). I do have an internal/external thermometer to fit, but such is the stubby nature of the OTA - I ran out of good places to stick the readout (the rear leg weights take up a fair bit of space).

Archived