NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

some little projects

nightfisher

First up is a Solar filter for the starwave 102 f11, normal method using card and Baader film, just slips over dew shield and away you go 

post-8850-0-84795000-1426174768_thumb.jp

Second is a new dust cap for the objective on my 150 Maksutov, the original falls of every time i move the scope and has a crack in it, this started out as a solar filter but did not live up to my expectations, so i salvaged the film for the starwave and made it into a dust cap

post-8850-0-42503300-1426174802_thumb.jp

Last is a dew shield for my 127 maksutov, this is made from a kitty food/water bowl mat at a cost of £1.50 ish, i cut a piece to size, rolled it and stuck it with plenty of double sided tape, but it has little white paw print on a black background so i rolled it in white sticky backed plastic film, and flocked the inside, it looks a bit lopsided but once fitted to scope it holds its shape nicely

post-8850-0-64147400-1426174829_thumb.jp

Do you tape the edge so no sun can escape down the inside by passing the filter?

Dew shield sounds good looks neat too.

The soar film is held with double sided sticky tape and sandwiched between 2 rings of card so no leakage

I was thinking where the side card joins the top piece.

I haven't done anything to get a better view going to rely on solar glasses we have.

Ahh, see what you mean, still no leakage as the "tube" of card is doubled up just looks a little "scruffy" as the card did not want to "roll" neatly

Archived