NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Anyone had this problem with DSS ?

Hey kids,

When using Deep Sky Stacker I have come across a problem when it reveals the final image. For some reason my copy seems unable to align images, so the resulting image is out of alignment making it quite fuzzy.

I do the following:

Open the images> register them> align them > stack them

Anyone come across the same thing?

I had this using the top two options on the light images in stacking, trying to stack the ISS pair last night. I opted in the end for using the last option weighted adaptive (I think), which worked fine. I'm no expert by a long way though.

That seems to work, its the second to last option.

However, another problem I have is some issues at the top of the image I get from DSS, they always seem to have purple / grey areas at the top left, middle and right areas which look faded compared to the rest of the image. Anyone else get this?

Thanks for your help

That seems to work, its the second to last option.

However, another problem I have is some issues at the top of the image I get from DSS, they always seem to have purple / grey areas at the top left, middle and right areas which look faded compared to the rest of the image. Anyone else get this?

Thanks for your help

Amp glow. I'm guessing you're using a DSLR, which would mean that you need to take some darks to get rid of that artifact.

Kaptain Klevtsov

Archived