Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

The 2015 Eclipse in Ha

Peter Drew

It will be worth familiarising yourself with the exact position in which the Moon will eclipse the Sun at first contact. The Sun's "atmosphere" in Ha extends a little beyond the hard disc and it may be possible to see the edge of the approaching Moon before first contact.

Obviously, if there is a fortunate placement of a prominence at the time then this would be eclipsed before the main event which itself will be interesting as surface details become occulted.  :smiley:

Excellent point Peter!

I have been trying to think of some different ways to image this eclipse and now you mention that it strikes me that this may very well be possible.

If stellarium can be believed then for me the first contact is around 1:30 to 2 as a clock face and that is normally a good area for proms, we can only be so lucky. It looks as if my first task of the eclipse is sorted now.

I just need to make sure I get my exact timings right.

Archived