NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

• 5 months later...

I have the same problem, I have installed the DMK software - everything seems fine.

Recorded two AVI's (one moon, one Jupiter). I can double click on them and they play - but Registax v4 comes up with failed to start AVI decompression.

I am downloading the Codec files that you suggested Steve - but I'm surprised that the software didn't include the codec.

Ant

Ant

You have to make sure you have the right Codec on the output. I struggled with this for ages before I twigged what was going on.

I don't have mine to hand and I can't remember where it's set (yeah I know, useless eh?) but I reckon that's the issue.

Yeah the strange thing is the default codec "DV format default" doesn't work in Registax, you need to select Y800 (apparently).

I am running VDub to save the file as an OLD AVI - this apparently works in Registax4.

Time will tell :clouds2:

Not sure if there was any quality loss - if there was it was minimul.

But what it did do was increase the file size. The Moon AVI was 17 seconds (1009 frames) and c45Mb - after conversion is was a staggering 1GB :shock.

So VDUB works, but make sure you have plenty of HDD space!

Ant

Archived