NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Help with new Astro Society website please.

michaelmorris

Hi Folks

I'm putting together a new website for my local astronomical society (www.worcesterastro.co.uk) .  I already have moonnations's Moon Phase and Clear Outside embedded in the home page.  I'm looking for ideas for other embedded code/ twitter feeds/RSS feeds that might be of interest to members. 

Any suggestions?

(NOTE - I know virtually nothing about programming in HTML and I don't have the time or inclination to learn!.  All that you see is drag and drop stuff in Weebly or pre-prepared embed code)

I did our website in Apple's iWeb the only drawback is updating the news section needs to be done in iWeb I should have done the regularly updated sections in Wordpress and used RSS to embed the output do that it looked the same as the rest of the site. I have used RSS feeds to power the events lists which is just linked to a google calendar via feed burner and yahoo pipes to extract the relevant info for each particular feed. Check it out at www.salfordastro.org.uk

Darren

------------------------------------------------

Twitter: @SalAstroSoc @Astronut1639 www.salfordastro.org.uk

Nexstar 8 GPS ADM MDS Rings & Counter Weights, Skywatcher ST80 & Synguider, Canon EOS 1000d,

Dew Heaters & 4 Channel Controller, Orbit Wedge, Observatory and not enough clear nights

Archived