SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Triplet RGB

Earl

I Finished this last night and have had a play with the data, there are a few interetin issues going on i need to look into, mostly the overall brown sky, and some of the stars are red on one edge blue on the other, When I tred to apply a luminance it all gets far worse... lots to learn with LRGB.

I Finished this last night and have had a play with the data, there are a few interetin issues going on i need to look into, mostly the overall brown sky, and some of the stars are red on one edge blue on the other, When I tred to apply a luminance it all gets far worse... lots to learn with LRGB.

post-6688-0-61946800-1424613318_thumb.jp

The star colour issue is just registration of the three colour channels. If you have Registar just split and save them, re-register two of them to the third one, apply 'crop and pad' and then recombine them in Ps. I get this sometimes. Soon fixed.

On the other hand some global processing routine is damaging your stars. The are a bit mis-shapen and have dark halos. Deconvolution? Sharpening? I think it's best to exclude all stars from global processing systems. I think they're best left to themselves.

Olly

Archived