Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

B33 - day 2

nytecam

Perfect spring-like cloudless day yesterday but cloud arrives from north at dusk :eek:

Got some quick LCx2 single shots via 30cm f/4 SCT through cloud gaps in brief session on C/Lovejoy/ M1 Crab/ Hick 34 in Orion [through thin cloud] that I've post tweaked :police:

Still convinced I'm not getting the best from LL 09/10/11 eg 'soft' square stars via my W7 laptop that's not due to seeing - anyone using W7?  I've checked full res option.

post-21003-0-94107500-1424250474.jpg

post-21003-0-96366400-1424250495.jpg

post-21003-0-63586500-1424250514.jpg

Great images Maurice! With regards to the square stars, have you selected the smooth display scaling in LL on the settings tab? That will ensure LL does everything it can to best scale the images to the size of the application window (the fast setting will be blocky).

Great images Maurice! With regards to the square stars, have you selected the smooth display scaling in LL on the settings tab? That will ensure LL does everything it can to best scale the images to the size of the application window (the fast setting will be blocky).

Yes Paul - I've checked the hi-res option as my msg above states. Whether the hi-res option is checked or not make no difference eg Res quality remain low.

I'd like to PM anyone using LL in Windows -Thanks

Here's my result from last April on the Eskimo @ f/10 + early LL on LMx2 - even at f/10 it's much sharper [near perfect!] than the current Eskimo below and I'm convinced there's a s/w issue.  Strangely nobody has acknowledged using Windows for LL - is that significant ?

post-21003-0-33888600-1424448587.jpg

post-21003-0-56413800-1424448983.jpg

Nytecam,

It looks as if the first image is with a mono X2 vs the second image taken with the X2C...

Do you have other images to compare, perhaps taken at same image scale & with the same camera, so we can discount whatever effect those changes may have had (it'll be hard to get exactly the same sky conditions, but it should make it a little easier to compare...)

Cheers,

Greg A

Nytecam,

It looks as if the first image is with a mono X2 vs the second image taken with the X2C...

Do you have other images to compare, perhaps taken at same image scale & with the same camera, so we can discount whatever effect those changes may have had (it'll be hard to get exactly the same sky conditions, but it should make it a little easier to compare...)

Cheers,

Greg A

Greg - you are correct that the two sample images (Eskimo neb) are taken with two different Lodestar cameras eg mono and colour but that's not the issue for why the colour image is blurred. The blurring also occurs in the hot pixels via the colour camera so the cause is nothing to do with star images solely !

When I've time I'll take some dark frames eg a hot pixel map via SX and LL s/w for comparison .

Archived