NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Trumped again!

sbooder

As the weather was a pile or monkeys last night, I decided to Skype my uncle, who as it happens had spent last weekend at Astrofest.

I thought he would be interested in my latest toy, the BT2EQ6 (Bluetooth unit for the EQ6), I did not think for a second he would trump me in such a green with envy way...but he did!

He only came away from the fest with an Avalon M-Zero! What a lovely piece of kit.  The guy from Avalon even took the time to show my uncle how to setup the mount after the show, a rarity in today's world of poor customer service.

As you can imagine, he is rather happy with his new purchase and as he said to me, it is the pick-up & go mount he has always wanted, it is robust but light and can take both his WO 70mm and WO 110mm together without blinking.

Very cool piece of kit. 

Very nice, I'm awfully tempted by the Uno but funds don't allow.

I find customer service for astronomy products to be generally excellent be it from manufacturers, retailers or software developers.

Looks expensive. Looks good. Do they work as well as they look?

Paul

Well, he has had it for a week and already he loves it.  I am not sure I have seen him this impressed with any bit of kit, and he has been an AA since he was 9, and he is now touching 80.  I think what he really likes is the fact that (and you may guess this by its Meccano look), he has not yet scratched the surface yet to how many ways this mount can be set up.

Archived