Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Celestron Focuser Upgrade

Hi all,

I'm finding the standard r&p Focuser lacks the fine tuning I would like when viewing with my celestron 120 refractor. I have striped and re greased it and it's only marginally better. I have searched the web and cannot find any reference to a micro Focuser for this scope, I assume because it's a r&p type, and the only direct replacement is the GSO Focuser which I can only find in the USA. Does anyone have any suggestions ?

Thanks

Buy it from the USA? I buy lots from the likes of Agena Astro, Hands on Optics, etc and have never had any issues.

$175 plus $30 shipping at the current exchange rate, will be about £135. Add 4% import duty, 20% VAT and £8 for handling and you end up at approximately £177. It will take 3-5 days to come. Sometimes, you get lucky and you don't get hit for the duties and VAT so it may only cost the original £135.

I'd also have a look at the Modern Astronomy website. There's a Dual Speed Crayford on there for £129 which will fit various 120mm Synta scopes, so may well be worth asking about compatibility with the XLT 120.

Russell

Archived