Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Webcam info

I have the Philips Toucam Pro II (PCVC840K - USB) and have seen various people talk about webcam modifications.

Does anyone have a link to more info on these?

or

Do I need to worry about modding it anyway?

Ta

Darren

The webcam Mod was first thought of by a chap called steve chambers it's quite a techincal job and requires a fair amount of skill and tool's.

You only need it for deep sky imaging really Long time exp's for planets and the moon your Toucam Pro 2 will do the Job perfectly in fact there's nothing to beat it for plantery imaging certainly not anything under a few thousand pounds anyway...

There are quite a few Mods for the camera out there like this http://www.philip.davis.dsl.pipex.com/peltier_mod.htm a cooling agent and for simple cooling many people use a PC fan this gets the camera cool and thus creates less noise on your image's.

http://home1.gte.net/~vze29wzh/toucam740mod.htm This is the origanl Mod by Steve Chambers.

JAMES :)

I also meant to mention do you have a MOGG adapter that screws into your Toucam Pro 2?(were the lens is). These are quite cheap at 14.99, just place in your focusser like you would an eyepiece.

James :)

Hi James

Yes, I have the adapter, and one that allows using an eyepiece as well.

Blimey! those mods look way beyond my skill level at the moment. Didn't realise they were that involved!

Thanks for the links, though - you never know, I might get itchy fingers!

Darren

Archived