Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Astrophotography with Canon eos rebel t5

kyemt

Hey guys, I need help taking pictures with my camera, a Canon eos rebel t5. Im trying to photograph a few constellations with it and Ive got a few decent pictures with it. I watched a youtube video about how to do this and that is how I made it as far as I did. I put the lens on manual focus, played with the shutter speed and ISO setting, the video said that auto ISO wasn't the best setting but I think the best pictures i took was on auto ISO. Any suggestions or tips will be greatly appreciated. My pictures are too big to upload on here, if anyone has a suggestion to help with this please send them my way.

Thanks, kyemt!

Hi,

Try no more that ISO 800, as it will get noisy, and the picture will seem grainy.

I am new to this also but have been reading some books on this.

Focus on a bright star manually with auto focus turned off, make sure the camera is on a tripod, for a 50mm lens use exposures no more than 20 seconds, or you will get star trailing, you can get a way with up to about 30 seconds if you open the lens a bit more, say 20mm, my canon one goes from 18mm to 55mm.

And make sure you use a shutter release cable, so you get no vibration when clicking shutter.

Hope that helps

AB

Archived