SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Orion

f15p5

Nice image. You've got some good detail there. It's a very difficult object to image due to its bright core and faint nebulosity. Processing to get the core involves very short exposures for the core processed with long subs for the rest. Care should be taken not to make the stars too hard while stretching. Easy to do!

A very nice image for a difficult subject.

Alexxx

Orion takes some careful processing to get the best out of it. Most astronomy software has some form of digital processing which can help. The image is a bit green. Have a look at the close up image I posted below taken with RGB filters which tend to be more forgiving for accurate colour definition. However colour is subjective as we all perceive it differently. That image is a great start- well done! (wish mine looked as good when I first started!). Two versions for you to look at (one less compression)

post-36426-0-91101000-1421872054_thumb.j

post-36426-0-84009500-1421872147_thumb.p

Archived