Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

21/01/15 Venus, Mercury and New Moon

stevend

Venus and Mercury are in the same part of the sky at the moment and will now be joined by the new Moon. I have added this to the SGL calendar:

Just after sunset this evening the thin crescent Moon, Venus and Mercury will be in a triangular formation and particularly eye-catching through binoculars. source; National Geographic.

In the UK start looking around 1700 GMT.

Just after sunset this evening the thin crescent Moon, Venus and Mercury will be in a triangular formation and particularly eye-catching through binoculars. source; National Geographic.

In the UK start looking around 1700 GMT.

Ermm, no, this is not this evening, but tomorrow evening. At 17:00 UT this evening, the Moon will be  less than 4 hours past New and setting; it will not be observable. Should be very good tomorrow, though, weather permitting.

Ermm, no, this is not this evening, but tomorrow evening. At 17:00 UT this evening, the Moon will be  less than 4 hours past New and setting; it will not be observable. Should be very good tomorrow, though, weather permitting.

Header has 21/01, I copied from my SGL calendar entry and forgot the quotation marks. :embarrassed:

Archived