Really chuffed with 1st go at a Comet

As everybody has said so nice to finally get a clear night!

I've seen Lovejoy through bins inbetween all those pesky clouds but finally had a go at imaging,

Took forever to polar align but when finally got it done managed to get a few 120 second unguided subs at iso1600

here's the best one so far

post-18021-0-03717500-1421502724_thumb.j

I know its all a bit to bright but really chuffed actually got a bit of a tail to woooow!

Would love another clear night to get loads of subs to stack as I've done it before

Can't wait!!!!

Looking good!  You've begun to resolve some good detail in the tail.  You might be able to get a bit more out of that image by background subtraction and stretching.

Mark

Hi thanks for the info

I'm really new to this DSO thing what do you mean by background subtraction and stretching?

Is that something within deep sky stacker?

Hi thanks for the info

I'm really new to this DSO thing what do you mean by background subtraction and stretching?

Is that something within deep sky stacker?

It's a steep learning curve!  I'm not a DSS user so I'm not sure if DSS has this functionality but this link gives some idea for how to approach it in Photoshop:  http://www.astropix.com/HTML/J_DIGIT/DIGTECHS.HTM

Mark

Archived