Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

• Announcements

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_rgb.jpg.9467c4d39b22ba8239e1b5ad252fcee2.jpg

Jonk

Bring and buy at SGLX - how does it work?

Jonk    728

I'm sure I saw on some previous SGL meets a photo labelled 'bring and buy tent'.

How does this work exactly, is it literally a sell what you like to whoever you can type thing or do I need to contact someone for permission?

Is it a certain day / time? Car boot style?

I have a couple of scopes I'd like to move on plus a few odds and sods.

Mark at Beaufort    2,722

Jonk we normally arrange for the 'sale' items to be displayed in the large welcome tent. We have not discussed this arrangement for SGLX but I guess it will be on the Saturday - the final decision on this will be Daz or Grant.

Its only open to those members booked into the star party and usually a thread is started before the star party to explain the arrangements which cannot conflict with the classified section.

Jonk    728

Ah ok - well, I'm booked to arrive on the Friday so will keep an eye out for sale arrangements.

I can't list on the classifieds yet, not enough posts!

Psychobilly    7,131

A special thread is usually started closer to the event  so people attending can list the bulky or expensive items they are planning to offer at the bring and buy so people can make sure they have the space to transport and funds to make any purchases...

Peter...