Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Image of my new guiding / wide fielding imaging set up

Just wanted to show my newly acquired William optics ZS66SD (thanks to Martin)

Piggybacked on my 8" SCT, will used for guiding (replacing my ST80) and also now able to now do some wide field imaging, which was not very good with the ST80.

post-39765-0-09964800-1420556633_thumb.j

Cheers

:) :)

SS

Just wanted to show my newly acquired William optics ZS66SD (thanks to Martin)

Piggybacked on my 8" SCT, will used for guiding (replacing my ST80) and also now able to now do some wide field imaging, which was not very good with the ST80.

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

Cheers

SS

Only had to use one tube ring, as the attached foot was exactly the same distance form the scope as the base of the tube ring, (what was the chance of that!!) so no need to remove, then it can still be used on a tripod if needed without too much messing about.

I'm wanting to use my 80eq refractor for my guidescope on my newest addition AP rig which hasn't arrived yet. I'm waiting on a 8 in. Astrograph Newtonian and I'm trying to utilize what I have without spending more $$$$$. I've had to save for 2 years for a imaging scope, starting with a beginner and now on to a intermediate scope. The eq is similar to the st80 and I see you didn't use guide rings, how is that working out for you? I'm thinking mounting the refractor rings on the newt rings, SS do you think this will work.

I'm wanting to use my 80eq refractor for my guidescope on my newest addition AP rig which hasn't arrived yet. I'm waiting on a 8 in. Astrograph Newtonian and I'm trying to utilize what I have without spending more $$$$$. I've had to save for 2 years for a imaging scope, starting with a beginner and now on to a intermediate scope. The eq is similar to the st80 and I see you didn't use guide rings, how is that working out for you? I'm thinking mounting the refractor rings on the newt rings, SS do you think this will work.

I am using one ring at the front of the scope, but using the foot that came on the scope at the back, as they are perfectly aligned.

You should be able to mount onto the newt rings, but may get a bit of flexure, I would put a dovetail bar onto the newt rings, then fix to that with smaller rings, will be a lot more solid in my opinion.

SS

I am using one ring at the front of the scope, but using the foot that came on the scope at the back, as they are perfectly aligned.

You should be able to mount onto the newt rings, but may get a bit of flexure, I would put a dovetail bar onto the newt rings, then fix to that with smaller rings, will be a lot more solid in my opinion.

SS

Forgot to say, as the rings are fixed with no adjustment, the scope has to be perfectly aligned with the main scope, so as long as all is fixed solid mine is. For guiding it is not really an issue, but for wide field imaging it has to be, so that it is looking at what I sent the mount to look at via the goto.

:)

:)

SS

Archived