Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Object tracking with a dobsonian mount - any tips please

sen10el2011

Hi Guys and Girls,

About a year ago I purchased a Skywatcher 200P OTA, which once had a dob base but which had been damaged by the shipping company and had been sent back so got myself a bargain and as a project I built a dobsonian base which works perfectly, got some great tip here and other internet sources. Now I think it's time for the next phase of the project, to motorise it for object tracking.

There seem to be many off the shelf US products from out of the box motor tracking systems and some really cool base wedges that aid tracking but over here in the UK we seem to be in very short supply. So, I would like to design and build it myself.

If anyone have opinions or could point me at any useful resources I would be very grateful.

Cheers

Andy.

Hi Andy, welcome to the forum :smiley:

I've copied your post into the DIY part of the forum so you might get some help there as well.

In the past I owned an equatorial platform which provided basic tracking for my 12" dobsonian. Mine was commercial from these people:

http://www.equatorial-platforms-uk.co.uk/

but I think some members have made their own :smiley:

Archived