Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Lunars from my laptop

stepping beyond

Alan and yall , First  of all I'm a disabled amateur astronomer using one arm to image with a manual Z10 in. reflector Dobsonian telescope and an Orion starshoot ll electronic ep/ Levenhuk T510NG color digital telescope camera and hp2000 w/8 . Both cameras are Cmos and go into the focuser with the 1 1/4  ep adapter. Once the cams are in the focuser and the image is brought on  screen, I pull the cam ever so gently for that" Sweet Spot". Once that spot is found , I do make minor tweaks in focus , I use my feet to move the scope if needed. All my time then is looking at the image on the screen and yes, I get very excited when the focus is just right. I get so full of myself , everytime I'm out weather viewing or imaging. Love them twinkles and smudges. Adjusting the sliders is where experience and time comes in because not every night is the same in conditions but, my settings save aurtomatically with a check box so I have a nice starting point in my T510NG and SSUEll.

Archived