Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

9x50 Helical Focuser

Hi guys

i bought a 9x50 finder from Modern Astronomy which coupled with my QHY5 makes up my Finder guider.

At Galloways this year Mike had a non-rotating Helical focuser between the end of the finder and the camera to allow him to focus the guide camera.

I HAVE to have one!!!!

Can anyone confirm that this focuser will fit on the back of the finder, i'm unsure of the threads on the back of the 9x50 finder's

http://www.365astronomy.com/1.25-Non-rotating-Deluxe-Helical-Micro-Focuser-with-T-thread.html

Cheers

Hi guys

i bought a 9x50 finder from Modern Astronomy which coupled with my QHY5 makes up my Finder guider.

At Galloways this year Mike had a non-rotating Helical focuser between the end of the finder and the camera to allow him to focus the guide camera.

I HAVE to have one!!!!

Can anyone confirm that this focuser will fit on the back of the finder, i'm unsure of the threads on the back of the 9x50 finder's

http://www.365astronomy.com/1.25-Non-rotating-Deluxe-Helical-Micro-Focuser-with-T-thread.html

Cheers

I think that you are better off just buying the 50mm finder with the helical focuser from 365 astronomy as it is only 320.00 more than taking a risk on the focuser itself. I have two 60mm guiders one from Opticstar with the same focuser and I don't think that it is compatible with an SW 50mm finder.

A.G

I think that you are better off just buying the 50mm finder with the helical focuser from 365 astronomy as it is only 320.00 more than taking a risk on the focuser itself. I have two 60mm guiders one from Opticstar with the same focuser and I don't think that it is compatible with an SW 50mm finder.

A.G

Cheers AG but i dont need to spend £320, my finder guider works well i just want to make focusing easier. Its not really a risk if it don't fit or they can't advise me i'll send it back.

Archived