NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

serial com ports for cable to ioptron cem60

hypnotoad

Hi

I have been having problems with my computer recognising the  serial connection from my mount cem60. I am in the process of uploading the latest firmware. I do not have any issues with ascom, ioptron cem60 software or my sky 6 bisque, everything`s ok with that. I loaded a piece of software for the serial/usb, which there is not issue. The computer recognises the usb/serial adapter yet when I choose a com port such as com3 it doesn`t connect and is not recognised. I feel its some simple I have probably missed, and its not the ascom or the ioptron software. BTW, my laptop is running win 8.1.

Can anyboby help ?

Regards

Hypnotoad 

COM port numbers are normally allocated to you by the system rather than chosen by you so you need to identify the COM port number that has been allocated to the USB adapter.

You can find this info from 'Device Manager' in 'Computer' from your start menu.

Hi, I have just inserted my USB to serial adaptor into my Windows 7 Laptop, waited for the device software to load (this was automatic). The following is the view in Device Manager but it didn't appear here instantly, it took a minute or so. I appreciate that you have W 8, not W 7 but I suspect that the device manager is similar on both. At least this will give you a guide for what to look for, I hope.

post-1029-0-35829100-1419437986.png

The original Serial/USB adapter that I had didn't work with the iOptron mount, just one off EBay with Prolific chipset. bought one direct from FTDI and it worked with no problems.

You can download a terminal thingy and test it by shorting out Tx and Rx pins to see if it's working.

Dave

Hi everyone

Just to let everybody know that I got the firmware working and the mount is fully operational. It was a glitch in the serial port software and a mare on the cd. It was a simple fault that stares at you all the time and one is blind to it. "Couldn`t see the wood for the trees" as they say.

Thank you for your input.

Hypnotoad

Archived