NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Baader Skysurfer V finder

Hi all

I have the `Baader Skysurfer V red dot finder` which has been brilliant; however last night I found that the numbered dial which adjusts the brightness of the red dot was quite loose, and I had to apply a bit of pressure to the top of the dial to engage the red dot. I can`t see that there is a way to tighten the dial. It came from FLO so I will probably have to contact them about it. Anyone have experience of this problem or offer any help?

Hi Martin, my experience is that I did not find this mechanism very easy to use at all because of the pressure you needed to apply, and I later sold it.  Now have a RACI finder for both my scopes.

Thanks Robin; it`s a pity you didn`t get on with it; perhaps I will end up doing the same as you, and getting a different finder?

I've had no dramas with my skysurfer V as yet and after a quick look at the adjustment can't see any way of reducing the friction either. I'd imagine that there is a spring washer behind the incremental scale providing the loading but that'd be just a guess.

I'm sure FLO will be able to help you out, fingers crossed my finder stays ok.

Thanks Robin; it`s a pity you didn`t get on with it; perhaps I will end up doing the same as you, and getting a different finder?

I always find that finders are a very personal choice, some get on with RDF's and others don't.  I just found the right one for me after a bit of experimenting.

Archived