NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Mosaicus Interuptus

PhotoGav

I started this mosaic too late on Sunday evening as the clouds spoiled my fun after the first two rows. I blame my sister... It was her birthday celebrations in the afternoon that went on into the evening and stopped me from getting in the garden. Happy Birthday Big Sis! This is my first attempt at this sort of thing, so I thought I may as well process the data anyway and learn from it.

post-29321-0-69741600-1418253884_thumb.p

Taken with an Orion Starshoot IV through a Celestron EdgeHD 800 on an HEQ5. Captured with SharpCap, processed with PiPP, AS!2 and Photoshop. Each pane was 400 frames and I stacked those of greater than 70% quality, which worked out at around 25 to 35 frames each. I found that the stacking took ages in AS!2, around 15 minutes per pane. Is that normal or do people find it is usually quicker than that?

Not sure if the colour patches are real or artefacts!

It's just annoying that this was cut short and I look forward to the next clear night with the Moon (as a die-hard DSO imager, I never thought I would find myself missing the Moon!).

Please do let me know any suggestions for improvements.

Thanks,

Thank you.

Garry - Yes, I've learned my lesson regarding family celebrations - I think that if conditions are right, Christmas will have to be postponed, cut short or just abandoned....

Steve - This is just plugged straight into the visual back of the C8, no reducer involved. Oh but I do still love a faint fuzzy!

Archived