Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Windows 10 on a Mac book Pro

Another cloudy night in Essex so time to play with some software.  I have just loaded up a Parallels VM of Windows 10 beta with Registax and deepskytracker.  I am  fairly new to stacking and haven't made my mind up which one I prefer yet - struggling with both to be honest :-).  Both have downloaded and set up with no problems so far.   My aim is to work with a few DSOs  next time the clouds break. Watch this space...

Does anyone know if there are any issues with either of these apps on WIn 10 yet?

So far, everything I have tried on my two Windows 10 laptops have worked without a hitch. I run Photoshop, Pixinsight, MaximDL, development stuff from Atmel and a bunch of other stuff. Only minor issue was an FTDI driver where I had to dig out an old one to make it work.

/per

Well choosing between registax and DSS is as easy as checking if your image is solar system or deep space ;)

For DSO's use DSS, for solar system use registax.

Personally I run Autostsakkert http://www.autostakkert.com in Wine. Registax and DSS will also work in Wine but not flawlessly like AS!2 does so I use those in XP run in VMware.

PI runs natively in OSX but it has a price tag that matches how good it is.

Processing is an even steeper learning curve that capturing the image in the first place, good luck!

TSED70Q, iOptron Smart EQ pro, ASI-120MM, Finepix S5 pro.

Running native will probably be good for anyone using PI with their proposed GPU-based performance increases. Likewise for many GPU powered apps.

Still running Windows 7 64 bit on my mac mini, so that will become my ASCOM astro box :)

Archived