NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

SW finder on W/O 71 Zenithstar?

Earl , I did think there had to be a way of a proper fixing rather than knobbys suggestion of ties or pads. I guess there must be enough clearance there for the Baader foot? I wonder what size the screw is ?

LOL nothing is ever straight forward !

As the scope happend to be in the dining room :)

Official Williams Finder Foot

post-6688-0-46800600-1417789090.jpg

Baader Finder Foot.

post-6688-0-59775000-1417789123.jpg

Edit: The Baader one is on backwards as the groove for the finder to but up against should be at the back, so it would fit better in the case on the other side of the OTA.

Or the rotation Lock knob is located in the hole on the other side and a grub screw goes into that one so as to not get in he way.

Thats what I love about this forum... I was scared to touch those screws incase it affected the focuser movement !

Cheers guys { I bet my cable ties give less flexure though :-) )

Probabbly very true. however.....im an OAG type of guy :D

post-6688-0-31621000-1417796184.jpg

Earl, knobby ,thanks for the comments, help and pictures , much appreciated. The Baader looks like plan A not sure if flexure will be an issue , the idea is to convert the finder into guide cam with a QHY and adapter from modern astronomy.

Archived