NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Help PHD

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My process goes like this:

Polar align.

Issue slew command to a bright star near my target.

Let's assume I'm doing M31 so I'll slew to Shedar.

Line up bright star in centre of view finder.

Issue sync command.

Fit bahnitov mask.

Use live view to focus.

Take a 5 sec sub to check focus and adjust if needed.

Remove mask & slew to M31.

If I am already on target and need to adjust I just take whatever sub length needed and make small adjustments.

TSED70Q, iOptron Smart EQ pro, ASI-120MM, Finepix S5 pro.

exactly as D4N does.  APT has a bahtinov focus helper too, line up the little inspection window over your spikes and it wil tell you better than you can tell unaided how well the spikes line up.

If liveview not working, keep taking those 2 second subs and rechecking - doesn't actually take long

After my failings of the previous attempts at guiding, tonight was a labour  , set up early tonight after getting everything sorted I was just about to start and low and behold dew set in (no dew heaters) gutted, Not to be deterred I moved everything indoors , yes indoors, set the mount pointing north using compass, opened the patio doors just as Orion was rising from the east , quickly fiddles around trying to get focus, guiding working I managed to grab the Horsehead , just 8 out of 10 lights no darks or bias . 5mins subs in Ha

Pleas forgive the noise and focus and eggy stars was a little rushed 

post-26160-0-15255600-1417819688.png

Archived