NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

350d to scope connection

Recieved the 350D today! And although I got a T adapter and T to 2" connection so I canget it attached to the Newt I am wondering if there is a better way?

My Newt focusser is a 2" one, but I can screw off a bit and it leaves some threads, slightly larger than 2". I have always assumed this was for attaching a camera but I have just found out it is not a standard T adapter size (as I say it is slightly larger than 2"). Is this for connecting a camera and if so where can I get the correct bit? Although the scope is an Orion Optics, when looking inside the OTA there appear to be a couple of extra holes round the focusser, I assume this is not the stock focusser and has been swapped out at some stage.

I can try and get a photo of it, if anybody thinks it will help them de-cipher what this threaded bit is for?

photo's would be good mate.

But I have the 300D and as far as I am aware the fittings are identical.

The Canon lens is removed, the T ring is attached and then the T - 2" adapter is screwed in. This should then push straight in where the 2" EP's go.

Ant

Sorry ANt, I can do exactly as you say. I am just wondering ifI may have a problem with In focus and if so them connecting straight to this threaed bit would get me an extra 10mm or so closer. I will grab a quick snap of it tomorrow.

My 300D came to focus JUST - after adding a low profile focuser.

You can remove the 2" adapter part and it should screw into the thread you mentioned. But if you do it that way, you cannot add 2" filters (like a LPR filter).

Ant

Archived