Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Life, eh? Gets you sometimes...

Ambermile

Well, first bit of clear for a while so out I went. Intention was to get the Rosette and maybe M33 (as well as M78) but horizons were a bit murky so went to M45 to set things up. Managed to get only 6 3 minute subs before clouds stopped play and would you believe it?? One of this was bl~**dy ruined by a satellite damn near perfectly cutting it in two. I ask you!! Here's the frame, I suppose it has some interest... so a three minute exposure then, M45 and wanderer.

post-12835-13387731812_thumb.jpg

Hi Arthur , that is a good image mate , , now i need some advice , i can get the nebulosity with the fast star just using an if filter , but cant seem to pull it when using a 135 mm lens or a 200 m lens , i normally use just 20 sec subs with the fast star so i used 40 secs for the lens , but nooo nebulosity, any ideas on that , would be grateful ,as this was and still is my challenge for this year before it goes.

Rog

:lol:

Hi Arthur , that is a good image mate , , now i need some advice , i can get the nebulosity with the fast star just using an if filter , but cant seem to pull it when using a 135 mm lens or a 200 m lens , i normally use just 20 sec subs with the fast star so i used 40 secs for the lens , but nooo nebulosity, any ideas on that , would be grateful ,as this was and still is my challenge for this year before it goes.

Rog

:lol:

Well, not really sure why you are having problems there Rog, maybe the smaller camera lenses don't have the resolution? Fastar is maybe f/1.8, what's the 135mm, f/3.5 maybe? You should really have no problems, only thing I can say is there's no substitute for time so perhaps longer subs would do it? This frame is only 3 minutes with the Megrez FD and the ART-285 with a 0.5 reducer and as you can see the brighter stars are already beginning to saturate - but that's at f/3.5 and a nice big chip. Also, it's binned 2x2 so lots of sensitivity there as I'm effectively using four ccd pixels for one image pixel. Assume you are using the 135mm at f/3.5 then, to get the same resolution you will need to image for at least four times as long as I have... not taking the 80mm FD rather than the possible 50mm of your lens into account. Unless you can bin your camera that is.

Arthur

***EDIT***

Can I assume you are using the 2HS then? Have you tried SC's Desire for image capture? ISTR it allows binning ...

Archived