Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

What screen size/interface do people use for EAA?

RobertI

Hi all,

I use a 15" non touch screen laptop for running Lodestar Live, but am looking to replace it with something lighter with better battery life. Two possible candidates are a 10" touch screen laptop or an 11" non-touch screen laptop.

Two questions:

1) What do people think about using a 10" or 11" screen for live viewing? Is it big enough?

2) Does anyone use touch screen devices for controlling Lodestar Live and if so does it work ok? The laptop would be indoors in the garage so dew on the screen should not be an issue.

Any thoughts appreciated.

Rob

HI Rob

I use a 13" screen but it isn't big enough for my tastes…. I like to have SkySafari and LodestarLive open but there just isn't room to have them side by side. I typically also have  some pdfs of observing documents/photos and a place to take notes. If you just want to live view and don't need to check the field then 11" may well be enough.

Martin

Thanks for the thoughts Martin, also interesting insight in to how you run your observing sessions.

I run SkySafari on my ipad and only Lodestar Live on the Laptop - seems like 11" might possibly work.

Cheers

Rob

Archived