Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Cracked it now! My remote controlled roof is up n running !! PICTURES NOW ADDED!

radioactive

Got some application into gear today and now have the remote control roof opener closer pretty well sorted now, just really got tp fit the limit switches and then somehow baffle the motor a bit to quieten it down a bit. I think what I will do there is form a shutter around it and inject foam into it that should muffle it somewhat as its a tad noisy for operating it at 3.30 in the Morning! I may offend the neighbours and burglars alike otherwise :wink:

Anyway suffice to say its now working well. I can open or close the roof from the Kitchen if I wished! So the wireless range is pretty good I think its a 27Mhz Transmitter its using Not bad me thinks as it started life as a car jack before I got my hands on it! As soon as I add the limit switches (Need some bell wire first ) and then tidy it up I will add some pictures. I will also make a little avi of it in action maybe inspire others to follow suit

Its nice when your ideas come to fruition I perhaps had a few doubts about it until I got my head round doing it Alls well that ends well as they say Just wondered if I have posted this in the correct place Mods feel free to move this if you think its more appropriate elsewhere!

Just got to work out how to image correctly now and I will be a happy chappie :) :)

CHECK THIS LINK ITS A .MOV FILE 65 Mb so needs broadband to view

http://s190.photobucket.com/albums/z151/m1dnv/?action=view&current=roofopeningclosingremotely.flv

What exactly are you using.....garage door opener?

Got any pictures?

I will post some pictures if not tomorrow then hopefully Tuesday I just need to get the limit switches sorted its a Car Jack 12 volt DC operation that I modified I put chain gear and chain on its quite fast as well. I have not yet timed how long it takes to move the say 11 or so feet but its only a matter of seconds maybe 6 but that's a complete guess for now :shock:

I will try to explain the whole process when I update the thread with the pictures if that's okay or I could pm you if you need more details before that :wink:

Archived