NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Quick report from Chamonix

LaVey

Well just got back from Chamonix on my second snowboarding trip of the year.

We were staying in a chalet about 5 miles outside of the town in a 'very' dark location - unfortunatley i dont have a 'travel' scope.. but one of the guys in out group was a merchant sailor and new a lot about constellations. All I can say is 'my god its full of stars!'

I dont think in all my years that i have ever seen so many stars, we had a limited viewpoint because of the height of the alps around us, but orion was amazing.. from my backgarden i can see the 2 top and 2 bottom stars plus the 3 of the belt, out there the whole area was just awash with hundreds of tiny pinpricks, I'm sure you could see the nebula with naked eyes as well, I know this isnt much of a report.. but I just thought i would share as i was completley awestruck by the amount of stars visible and the amount we dont see here at home.

Just wish i could afford the 1.5 million euro price tag for a holiday home in chamonix... stars and snowboarding :wink:

Where my lad lives in Queensland the skies are incredible. I just sit in the garden with my jaw open for hours looking at the sky. My lad usually reminds me that 'They're stars dad, they're there every night you know.'

Archived