SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Baader Zoom + Barlow for Moon dslr shots

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It occurs to me that I may be misleading with the term extension tube. I attach the camera direct to the zoom eyepiece with a T ring. The FT rings are used to give the bottom of the eyepiece a bit more length so that I can achieve focus. I'm not using them as spacers within the lens or between the eyepiece and camera.

I used a couple of Baader Fine Tuning rings, they were the 14mm and 28mm ones that came with the Baader MPCC. Not sure if you can buy them separately - I don't think that they're really meant to be used as extension tubes!

The focus was done manually for that one. It was shot in manual video mode then stacked through registax.  Settings were roughly : HD video zoomed 3x at ISO 800.

I should also add that the Baader Zoom was initially at 24mm, but once I had centred Jupiter I took it down to 8mm before adding the camera.

Archived