Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

CCD inspector for real time collimation

Epicycle

Hi,

I'm contemplating ccd inspector as a way of collimating my 130pds with the imaging train on. Has anyone tried the real time

collimation tool? At first glance it looks attractive since once you collimate with a cheshire there is no guarantee than your imaging

train will be spot on (particular with a low budget focuser) after you put it back in the focuser.

Has anyone been able to use it with success in their imaging?

cheers

Epicycle

I tried it out collimating my c9.25 & aligning the moonlight. seemed to be quite good but I ran out of clear skies before the trial ran out & I took it off the mount before getting it aligned satisfactory. When I get around to setting it up again I'll probably buy it though as it's the only way I've seen to get a real time indication of the imaging train alignment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I tried it out collimating my c9.25 & aligning the moonlight. seemed to be quite good but I ran out of clear skies before the trial ran out & I took it off the mount before getting it aligned satisfactory. When I get around to setting it up again I'll probably buy it though as it's the only way I've seen to get a real time indication of the imaging train alignment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the response! Just downloaded the trial version, but I am having difficulties using it with Nebulosity. Did you use it with MaximDL? Agreed, seems the only piece of software giving you info on the imaging in real time,

E.

Thanks for the response! Just downloaded the trial version, but I am having difficulties using it with Nebulosity. Did you use it with MaximDL? Agreed, seems the only piece of software giving you info on the imaging in real time,

E.

Hmm.. I probably did use Maxim, although I do have Neb too. It does say it supports most capture apps tho.

• Generic support for all image capture software, including CCDSoft5, Maxim DL, AstroArt, MaxDSLR, etc., capable of writing FITS, TIFF, SBIG, or most native DSLR Raw file formats!

Archived