Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Lovely mini sesh, may have some new converts!

bomberbaz

Well it was a family bash round at my place last night, usual chit chat etc that goes with the flow then later on we went into conservatory for family pics and a few of the gathering asked about the scope tucked away into the corner. Oh telescope I said, but no use though, too cloudy I think. Er quick look outside told me actually it wasn't!

Well not needing another nudge I grabbed the new frac (I had had a few so wasn't risking the 300P, aka R2-D2) and 30 secs to set up, 25mm plossl stuck in drawtube and a scary and very cavalier jeans pocket, half in/half out tucked 10mm Delos followed!! (must remember not to do that again)

Anyway, didnt have any star maps so thought memory, whats about. Double on plough handle, bit boring maybe, actually no, kids and adults thought it was quite impressive seeing one apparent star become two. (was impressed my sister in law saw the dull star next to it, I couldn't!) 

What next, ah the double cluster. 25 mm in (x26) and found it easy, lots of wows and oohs followed and then I thought, lets try the 10mm delos, this frac has a decent fov might just manage it. Had a peek, even i wowed, cracking view of them both, double cluster just fitting into the fov, had the sister in law and cousin both coo-ing away as to how an apparent blank piece of night sky suddenly fills with stars through the scope. Nieces loved it, my dad was equally impressed (after he stopped moaning about having to go down onto one knee to look)  :laugh: So very pleasing impromptu mini session.

My only regret was forgetting to swing the scope round onto Pleiades, I am sure that would have got some great ooh's and ah's but never the less, 15 minutes in the garden was very rewarding and they all said, "can you get the scope out next time we are here?" R2-D2 you time will come  :grin:

Steve

Well done, Steve - great little session. Targets remind me of those that I usually show off through the bins when people are over. Always worth having a few "by memory" objects for occasions such as these in every season.

Paul

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Well done, Steve - great little session. Targets remind me of those that I usually show off through the bins when people are over. Always worth having a few "by memory" objects for occasions such as these in every season.

Paul

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Problem being Paul is my memory aint waht it used to be, luckily I remembered I had a scope last night but took someone to remind me, hehe  :grin:

Archived