Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Sh2-132: bicolour widefield

Epicycle

Hi,

this is a follow up of my earlier thread http://stargazerslounge.com/topic/226281-sh2-132-in-bicolour/

Here is the wide field image. The narrower one from the earlier thread was used to enhance the detail at the core.

The new data is:

24x1800 5nm Ha filter

6x1800 3nm OIII filter

with my brand new Atik 460 :cool: . The camera behaves exactly as expected: more sky and better resolution, but so far  I don't see that extra sensitivity

with respect to the 285 chip of the H9 (in spite of the ubiquitous QE graphs).

More details on the picture in astrobin: get.jpg

Comments welcome as ever! Thanks for looking,

Epicycle

post-25876-0-00252000-1412888268_thumb.j

I do like this bi-colour image Epicycle.  Yet again, your produced an excellent NB Sharpless image.  Good stuff with this changeable and stormy weather we're having, or did you manage to capture it before the weather started to change?

Colour palette trending to Swag72?  :grin:

Is it me, or is there some horizontal artefact along the lower edge?

Enjoy the 460EX.

Barry

Spectacular widefield and you've gone very deep, showing off areas I don't think I've seen before.

Thank you!

I do like this bi-colour image Epicycle.  Yet again, your produced an excellent NB Sharpless image.  Good stuff with this changeable and stormy weather we're having, or did you manage to capture it before the weather started to change?

Colour palette trending to Swag72?  :grin:

Is it me, or is there some horizontal artefact along the lower edge?

Enjoy the 460EX.

Barry

Thanks Barry. Yes, I think there is something a bit dodgy at the bottom, perhaps I didn't crop it properly, I'll check.

I got the Ha about a week ago and the OIII at the worst time (I confess): full moon and I had to stretch it like mad... But the weather hasn't been as bad as it could be!

E.

Archived