NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

What a difference a day makes.

Astro Imp

Some of you may have read my grumbles here:-  http://stargazerslounge.com/topic/226702-a-night-to-forget/

To summarise yesterday was lovely all day until I got my scope out and then clouded over. Today, cloudy and raining all day until late afternoon/early evening then clear as a bell. Have been enjoying myself with some great luna views and then went over to Cass and looked at some of the clusters, finished off with the double cluster and M34. Nice to get out again.

Yep, chucked it down today, wind too. Now it's brilliantly clear. I reckon that if it wasn't for the moon I'd be able to glimpse the milky way.

Mind you, everything's drenched in dew, the first time this year. I'll have to do some serious drying out when I bring the kit in, assuming the whole lot doesn't blow a fuse in the meantime.

Getting some good subs of M27, 600 sec.

Bit frustrating in a way, if it wasn't for the moon I reckon I'd have a mag 5 sky. Yeah you can sneer, but this is London remember. Just goes to show what cleaning the window can do!

Archived