Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

RGB IC63

peter shah

Wonderful image Peter. Great colour in the stars and very nice detail and separation in the nebula.

Do you know what causes the repeated rings around the bright star in your image? I first noticed them in an image I made of the Horsehead Nebula with Alnitak in the centre (posted yesterday). I thought it might be repeated reflection of the secondary but in your image Gamma Cass is off centre.

Cheers

Mike

Yes Mike its the Baader filters set...so called halo free :huh: , I just put up with them. My older set by Orange Bright Optics gave no halos but they needed a separate UV/IR blocking filter and give a noticeably softer image . Ive seen images the AG12 used with the newer Astrodons and they don't give halos neither do the new Astronomiks. I did ask Mr Baader about the issue but I got no positive feedback from him. I have a new set which I will be testing in over the next few weeks by a new company Called Chroma, they retail at the same as Astrodon I will be probably be writing a review.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes Mike its the Baader filters set...so called halo free :huh: , I just put up with them. My older set by Orange Bright Optics gave no halos but they needed a separate UV/IR blocking filter and give a noticeably softer image . Ive seen images the AG12 used with the newer Astrodons and they don't give halos neither do the new Astronomiks. I did ask Mr Baader about the issue but I got no positive feedback from him. I have a new set which I will be testing in over the next few weeks by a new company Called Chroma, they retail at the same as Astrodon I will be probably be writing a review.

Thanks for that. Cheers, Mike

Archived